SANBio Empowering Female-owned Bio-Businesses!
For FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme is back with Season 4!
Videos from FemBioBiz previous seasons can be found here.
Images from FemBioBiz previous seasons can be found here.
SEASON 4 COMING SOON
The FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme is implemented in eight countries:
Botswana (Botswana Innovation Hub) • Malawi (mHUB) • Mozambique (DEV Mozambique) • Namibia (NCRST) •
Seychelles (The Guy Morel Institute and NISTI) • South Africa (AWIEF) • Zambia (WECREATE) •
Zimbabwe (National Biotechnology Authority)
Individuals from all the 13 SANBio member states in SADC were eligible to apply: successful applicants took part in the nearest country’s programme.
Please note that this activity will be implemented through partner institutions in the region over 6 months.
FemBioBiz Acceleration Season 4 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a business registered in the country where FemBioBiz is running its programs
- Preference will be given to FemBioBiz Alumni
- Should have a product or service on the market
- Must be an active post-revenue business and viable
- Demonstrate capacity and dedication to scale the business
- Must demonstrate sound financial performance/practices.
- Deliver products, services, and business models that create social within the community.
- Innovative and want to scale their business
- Should have the ability to leverage digital platforms either for e-commerce or general digital marketing
What is the FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme?
SANBio is looking for ambitious female leaders in bioscience-based businesses who would like to grow their business through an acceleration programme, and gain regional exposure and access to international markets.
The FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme Season 4 focuses on training for resilience and imparting skills and knowledge to enterprises, academia, students, government and civil society on how to use digital platforms & 4IR platforms to reach new market (increase sales), scale impact, and create jobs.
FemBioBiz is funded by AUDA-NEPAD SANBio with the support of BioFISA II, a Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme to strengthen the SANBio network. Prizes at the country level are courtesy of our partners.
The programme targets female entrepreneurs (and students) with a business involving biotechnologies and other technologies in health or nutrition under the following categories:
- Innovative businesses - Entrepreneurs whose business is based on an innovative biotechnology or other technologies that impact health and nutrition;
- Growth businesses - Bioentrepreneurs whose business is at a maximum of R 500 000 and are looking at growing their business twice as much within a year;
- Social enterprises - Private biobusinesses or bioenterprises with impact targeting the base or bottom of the pyramid (BoP);
- Female students in tertiary institutions - .
Application period Coming Soon!
Queries can be directed to email@example.com