UPDATE: Finalists selected
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Are you an ambitious female leading a business in the Biosciences arena (human/animal nutrition or health)?
Would you like to speed up your business growth, receive training and mentoring, marketing exposure, funding and an SANBio/BioFISA II sponsored trip to Slush (Europe’s leading startup event in Finland) and the 2017 SA Innovation Summit (Cape Town)?
If you answered YES to these questions, we invite you to apply now to participate in the SANBio FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme.
What is it?
The Programme has been created to develop leadership, technological and business skills in female-owned businesses in the SADC region to support deal-making and business acceleration in the Biosciences arena.
We want to drive the bioscience industry forward, with YOU in the driver’s seat.
Who should apply to the Programme?
You should apply if:
• You are a female founder or senior manager in a bioscience-based company (human / animal nutrition & human / animal health);
• Your business is in the growth phase;
• You are passionate about your business and have a strong desire to accelerate at an even faster pace;
• The business is based in one of the 12 SANBio member states (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana).
What’s in it for you?
If selected for participation:
• You will receive 2-day training on moving your business forward through pitches and presentations;
• You will belong to a network of like-minded people across borders;
• Your business will receive marketing exposure;
• You have a chance to be selected for the next phase of the Programme, to receive two and a half months of intensive business mentorship and training;
• Top performers will have the opportunity to meet investors, business experts and potential mentors;
• The top performer will receive a grant of R250 000 to move the business forward;
• Top performers will visit Cape Town to participate at the 2017 SA Innovation Summit;
• The top performer will receive a trip to attend Slush 2017 in Finland, where international opportunities await!
What will I need to commit to?
Participants in the Programme must be able to commit to the following:
• 2 days in-country training, preparing and pitching your business to various audiences (rolled-out in various SANBio member states);
• 5-day boot camp in South Africa, (Pretoria, South Africa) (June/ July 2017);
• Participation in continuous online mentorship and weekly online meetings between 1 June and 15 August 2017;
• Finalist session from 6 - 7 September 2017 (Cape Town);
• Slush 2017 (31 Nov – 1 Dec) and SA Innovation Summit 2017 (6-8 September 2017).
Don’t miss out on the chance to elevate your business to the next level with this unique opportunity to gain enormous exposure, training, ongoing mentorship and funding!
Registration of applications is now open at http://innovationsummit.co.za/fembiobiz-acceleration-programme/.
To find out more, please call + 27 (0) 82 708 1960 or send an email to email@example.com.
Download printable brochures below:
FEMBIOBIZ PHASE ONE TRAINING SCHEDULE
The first phase of the FemBioBiz programme has commenced. Pitch training will take place in the following countries, starting on 25 May:
MALAWI: 25 and 26 May 2017
Country Coordinator: NEPAD Regional Fish Node – SANBio
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) – Bunda College
Contact: Msekiwa Matsime
ZIMBABWE: 1 and 2 June 2017
Country Coordinators: National Biotechnology Authority & ZIMDEF
Contact: Annah Takombwa
Acting Technical Affairs Manager: National Biotechnology Authority
MOZAMBIQUE: 8 and 9 June 2017
ZAMBIA: 13 and 14 June 2017
Country Coordinator: Sylva University
Contact: Sylvia Banda
Zambian business woman and restaurateur, Founder Sylva University
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Nanji Mulwandi (Nanji.email@example.com)
BOTSWANA & NAMIBIA: 22 and 23 June 2017
Training for selected Namibian and Botswana applicants will take place in Gaborone, Botswana.
SOUTH AFRICA, MAURITIUS and LESOTHO: 27 and 28 June 2017
Contact: Margaretha van Schalkwyk
Training for selected applicants from South African and Lesotho will take place in Pretoria, Gauteng.