Throughout the 2021-2022 academic year, the Millennium Ocean Prize Winning submission will receive $5,000 USD to rally their peers around conserving and sustainably using the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
Submissions should demonstrate the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year. Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally your peers to mobilize in this sector. How can you engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation? Your campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research. How will you mobilize your community and inspire youth leaders world-wide to take part in the fight for sustainable practices that protect our oceans and freshwater systems?
The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about the oceans and marine resources as you do. Here are the specifics:
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign
- Mentorship and support from MCN
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14
- Write for our media partners about your campaign
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
Deadline for applicatins: 20 April 2021
For more information, please visit: https://www.millenniumoceans.org/what-we-do