WISE Emerging Leaders is a nine-month fellowship program that aims to cultivate the next generation of systems leaders in education with the tools, skills, community, and mindset required to transform their communities and change systems.
WISE is seeking to collaborate with high impact organizations to nominate young education professionals from within their organizations or network to support their professional and personal development. In addition to completing three residential training (two virtual and depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, one in person) provided by WISE, fellows will contribute to their organizations by applying their new skills on a project identified prior to or during the first residential session.
By working together with our community, we hope to empower a generation of education development leaders through combining knowledge with practical experience. The program is
built on the conviction that empowering and mentoring young talent in education is integral to supporting and elevating innovation in education.
If you would like to nominate promising young leaders from your organization, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
The 2021 cohort will be announced in April.
What is the recruitment process
WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks to nominate engaged candidates with outstanding academic/professional and/or personal experiences in the field of education from your organization. Nominees can be part of your extended organization or branches across the world. The nominator must have a project idea while nominating a candidate for the nomination to be eligible.
- WISE is looking for 15-20 outstanding young professionals identified by their organizations to join the cohort.
- Nominees must be between the ages of 25 and 33, with demonstrated engagement in the field of education and potential for growth.
- Nominating organizations must identify a potential project for the nominee to undertake during the year and support the nominee in developing the project during the program.
- Upon selection of the fellow, their host organization and WISE will finalize the project brief.
- Completed forms in English should be submitted through the online portal by Feb 28, 2021, 1300 GMT.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 33 years of age.
- Candidates must hold a valid travel document.
- Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English, and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Candidates must be curious minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- The candidate has a strong profile showing a steady record of accomplishments in the field of education (academic, professional and/or personal). S/he has also been involved in education and/or development projects for at least 3 years.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must demonstrate potential for growth within the nominating organization.
Deadline for application: 28 February 2021
For more information, please visit: https://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-works/wise-emerging-leaders/