The Young Water Fellowship East Africa edition 2019 targets young entrepreneurs from East Africa. Selected Young Water Fellows will be invited to participate in a 10-days start-up training in Uganda, receive coaching, mentorship and seed funding opportunities.
- The Young Water Fellowship offers you support in 3 ways:
- Training: Selected Fellows will be invited to participate in Cewas’ Start-up Training Programme in Uganda (November 12th to 22nd).
- Mentorship: You will be assigned mentors that will support you in the first steps of your social enterprise.
- Seed-funding: You will have opportunities to receive seed-funding (up to €5000) for the first stages of your social enterprise.
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a citizen and resident from one of these countries: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend the workshop in Uganda the dates it will be held (November 12th-22nd 2019)
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
How to apply
To apply, you must fill in the online form using the link below.
Further questions? Check their Q&A below for the YWF East African edition. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact them here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit: http://youngwatersolutions.org/#ywf
Deadline for applications: 18 August 2019